Friday 2 March 2012

Invictus!!!


Hello all…

It’s so startling to see how people write poems though they are not a poet by name… But I guess when a person pens down his feelings into words, no matter what; it does mean a lot to be an article or a poem. A poem is the essence of feelings we have stagnated into our soul for years and years and once we see a podium of presentation we do present it a way better. Say it a simple or complicated word of usage, all that matters at the end of the day is whether the person reading it is able to find the feelings in your words and understands what you meant to say actually.

We would have read so many poems right from our childhood in our English classes by very famous authors. But what I wonder even now is – Where the hell do they find those words? Being a Content Architect I must be actually familiar with a lot number of words and its meaning so that I could use it in times of need. But that doesn’t always happen with me. Thanks to the Bill gates for offering me the MS Word which offers me a list of alternatives for a single word and I do depend on it. But to my surprise without any kind of word help how could those legends find such intricate words and use it exactly in the places where it needs apt. They are indeed legends I may say.


Hmmm moving on to the topic… Have you heard of the word invictus? Even I haven’t until I saw a film with that name a year back. And that was one of the best film I have ever watched. If you haven’t watched it yet… Then it’s time for you to go watch it for sure guys... It’s such an epic. It portrays a part of the South African President Nelson Mandela’s life style and his traits in personal life and in political life and a game that changed the life of South African people as well. And Morgan Freeman has depicted Nelson Mandela in this film and none other than him can do such a remarkable work.



In that Morgan Freeman would quote about the INVICTUS poem and when I happened to hear it I felt a nostalgic feeling in my heart. The words in the poem are so mesmerizing and to hear the poem in the voice of Morgan Freeman melts our heart liquefied. The poem is:

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

This poem is written by the great poet William Ernest Henley. This poem is being my motivator in times of anguish ever since I heard it. 



Madiba (Mr.Nelson Mandela’s nick name by his South African People) had this poem as his favorite for lifetime and reading this poem and valuing it might eventually show us the value of his life and moral principles he preserve. Madibha is indeed a great personality and do get to know him by watching this film and hearing these lines and I bet you would surely fall in love with this poem and Madibha as like me.



I had this in mind for penning down in my blog a long before but I somehow missed it and now luckily I got to remember it and so I’ve posted this.



Have an Invictus Day!

(Invictus means – Undefeated/Unconquerable)

2 comments:

  1. It's truly a nice post. In this post,you seem to be a bit surprised about those who write poetry. you also sounded astonished to see their ability to represent any human sensitivity with careful choice of words. If one would like to write good-first,one has to be a good human being with a sensitive and pure heart .Then only one can think good . And if one thinks good, one can translate their thinking into writings.A fertile brain is also required though. Anyways, very nice post. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i do agree with your thought Samrat and thanks a lot for reading and commenting over my post :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment!